Friday, October 15, 2010

The beginning

It all started in high school.  I was falling asleep during exams, unable to focus on school, I had no motivation to do anything, and depression was taking over my life.  After I almost didn't pass high school, and I flunked out of college, food was the last thing I would have thought of to be the reason for all of this ugly mess I was in.  It turns out that food was claiming sole responsibility for all of it.  So this was the beginning of the quest to learn as much as I could about the food I was eating.  From food allergies to sensitivities to preservatives it's easy to feel alone when one first sees how their body is reacting to the hundreds of substances present in what we call processed foods, and the basis for many of our diets today.  I have landed here for now, investigating all of the possibilities of the home garden and how it can affect everyday life and long-term health.  I am not a scientist (yet), and I am going through this process with the use of a little common sense, and mainly trial and error.  So the growing and hopefully the eating starts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment