Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Another Lunch Idea - Sauteed Curry Spinach and Onions and Spicy Slaw

Today's lunch is awesome - I just finished eating it.  This morning I sauteed fresh spinach with some onions.  I liberally hit it with some curry, cayenne pepper, a little oregano, salt, and turmeric.  At the last minute, I added one clove of rough chopped garlic and then topped it off with some walnuts.  It smelled so great coming out of the Bento that I almost ate it cold - but I found a nearby microwave instead.  Also, something I have been perfecting here for the last couple of weeks is spicy broccoli slaw.  We get that organic broccoli slaw mix in the package, and it only takes a minute to make a little spicy sauce to top it with.  I mix olive or canola oil with a little bit of raw apple cider vinegar, a half a pinch of salt, a squirt of organic Dijon mustard, lemon juice and cayenne pepper - stir it all up and mix the slaw in with it.  It is so tangy and fresh even after being in the Bento half the day.  Mom baked an antibiotic free, veggie fed turkey and she let me have some.  I mixed the turkey with the curry spinach and onions and it was fantastic.  I threw in some broccoli to complete the meal.  Try it out and let me know what you think.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment