Monday, November 29, 2010

Cookies!!

I can't remember.  Is the saying 3rd time is a charm or is it 4th time is a charm?  Anyway, I've been testing these in the home kitchen lab and this time it is 4th time is a charm.  I did all the hard work so that you guys could enjoy gluten free peanut butter and honey cookies with chopped pecans.  These things are addictive so be careful...they might even be outlawed if the word gets out, and then we'll have to pay premium price for them and people could get hurt or go to jail over these things. 
You will need:
1 cup of chopped pecans (plus some whole ones for the tops of the cookies)
1/2 cup all natural peanut butter (peanuts and salt - smuckers makes a good one)
1/4 cup butter (melted)
1/2 cup honey (raw, unfiltered if you can)
1 egg beaten
5/8 cup gluten free all purpose flour (Bob's Red Mill)this is just a smidgen more than 1/2 cup
1/4 tsp baking SODA
1 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
Mix all ingredients together, grease a baking sheet and dollop some of this batter in spoonfulls on the sheet.  Pop a little pecan on the top before you pop them in the oven.  I baked them at 350 until they were golden brown and then I just took them out and let them cool before I ate like 5 of them with milk, ohhhhh did I say that out loud?  If not, I just took them out and let them cool before I ate 2 of them with milk.   These are some good cookies, and you can make them a little more crispy by finishing them off in the oven at 450 for a couple of minutes.  Try them out and let me know how you like 'em.  Also I left a pic of my plate from Thanksgiving at my family's house - it was absolutely fabulous!!








No comments:

Post a Comment