Friday, November 19, 2010

Throw it together and chew it up

I was hungry.  I was in a hurry.  This is my typical excuse when I have eaten something odd that was put together at the last second because I wanted something, but the "on the run apple and peice of cheese" wasn't cutting it today.  I told you I wouldn't share it if it wasn't worth eating, and I really started to not show you this one, but I thought to myself that this is exactly what eating for wellness is all about - making the effort to find a few wholesome things, throw them together, spice 'em up and chew it up.  I enjoyed this lunch, and it's a good example of something you can do with leftover noodles from the night before.  I took some frozen green beans from this summer's garden and cooked them soft with salt, pepper, and a touch of oregano to give the beans a little italian flare.  We had some rice noodles leftover from last night's dinner, so I tossed them in a little oil and salt and slapped them beans right there on top of them there noodles and dang!  Like I said, it was good.  We got the rice noodles from Trader Joes - they look clear in the package, but they cook up white and they're really good the next day too.  Try it out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment